Hot Tub Disclaimer
Jacuzzi Hot Tub Safety
To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tub that is provided with your
holiday accommodation, we ask that you read through and adhere to the rules of this
- During pregnancy soaking in the hot tub may cause damage to the
foetus, so contact your Doctor for advice before starting your holiday
with us, to ensure it is safe for you to use the hot tub.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or
wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of
spreading infection or irritating your condition.
- Never use the hot tub while using narcotics or other drugs that may
cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise /lower your blood pressure.
- At 39/40’C limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes,
as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever like
conditions. At 36-37’C this time can be extended as this is body
temperature and there is no risk.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increased the risk
of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction
below the water line.
- Never use the hot tub alone. Take care when entering and leaving the
hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough
to make you unsteady.
- Never use glass near or in the hot tub, as broken glass can cause a
risk to people in bare feet and is very difficult to see within the hot tub
- Do not use any electrical appliances near or in the hot tub.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub please contact the owner
of your property at the earliest convenient moment.
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or
any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultant
with their Doctor.
- Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under
the age of four and to warn their children not to allow water in to their
mouths as this can cause infection and illness.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can
cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub.
Showering before use washes away many of the comment skin
bacterial and removes lotions, deodorants, creams, etc., which reduce
the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water.
- Make sure fake tan is removed before using the hot tub as this reacts
to the chemicals and reduces the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer
which disinfects the water. It also colours the water and marks the
waterline of the hot tub.
- Never allow children to sue the hot tub unsupervised and when not in
use make sure the cover is on and secured.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
- Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the
water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- Take care on the decking / hot tub steps as water from the tub can
cause it to be slippery.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the
shower. If the reaction persists contact a local doctor or A&E. There is
a list in the information pack in your accommodation.
- Do not turn hot tub isolation switch at the electricity point of your
accommodation as power is needed to be turned on to carry out the
Notes to Hot tub users and Parents
It is your responsibility to enforce the rules of safety within the cabin’s hot tub.
When you booked your accommodation you agreed to our terms and conditions, you
were also asked to return our email outlining these hot tub safety requirements
stating that you agree to abide by the rules and take care in the use of the hot tub for
yourself and your family.
If you did not return the email then you will not be able to use the hot tub until you
have signed a copy of this declaration, in line with our own health and safety
standards and insurance requirements.
A copy of this document can be found inside the information booklet in your
accommodation or as part of our terms and conditions on our website
(http://www.northumbrianholidays.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/). You will also find a
copy on the wall on your terrace near the hot tub.
The life and health of you, your family and friends is important. Please practice
safety and supervise your hot tub in line with these safety guidelines.
To comply with HSE regulations, the hot tub water is checked every morning.
Please ensure the hot tub cover is clear and any pets are kept off the decking prior
to this time to allow this testing to be carried out.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us and get the most from your hot tub while you
are with us.